Work in progress exporter and viewer for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.
Notice a bug?
Report it on GitHub through the link below or mail a bug report to [email protected]
Many thanks to the following people, without whom this project would not have been possible.
- Officially introduce glTF file format by adding an option to settings - Add wowz (WoW Submission) program (unknown use) - Add initial 8.0 support - Speed up ADT, WMO & M2 loading - Fix some baked texture issues - Fix some glTF models not exporting correctly - Fix crash when opening version window - Fix map filter for 7.3.5 (will break again next WoW patch) - Give feedback if not all settings are set when trying to save - Major file loading infrastructure changes to support future Blizzard changes - Update listfile URL to new repository - Update CASCLib - (0.3.0.1) Fix Map DB reading for 8.0 - (0.3.0.2) Fix some 8.0 related crashes - (0.3.0.2) Improve support for textures referenced by ID onlyKnown issues:
- Map tile viewer cuts off - Clicking "Bake texture" or exporting ADTs will cause the application to freeze while baking the texture (but will recover eventually) - Clicking maps that have "don't click will crash" in the name will crash the applicationDownload
- 7.3.5 support - No longer exports WMOs/M2s that have already been exported - Initial support for WMO scaling, improves Argus (and other recent maps) exports/imports (requires update of Blender plugin) - No longer refers to not exported/skipped files in CSV (fixes imports stopping in Blender plugin) - Some UI improvements to options window - Battle for Azeroth prep work - Update CASCLib and DBFilesClient.NET - Fix WMO doodads being rotated incorrectly when importing ADTs (requires update of Blender plugin) - Fix crash when trying to preview encrypted models - Fix expansion images not displaying in map tab when falling back to CSV (game version 7.3.5+) - Fix Argus exports not working at all - Fix crash when loading a model without any defined textures - Fix issues that happen when resizing the window (maybe)Known issues:
- Map filters don't work, this is because of database format changes introduced by Blizzard in 7.3.5. - Map tile viewer cuts off - Clicking "Bake texture" or exporting ADTs will cause the application to freeze while baking the texture (but will recover eventually) - Clicking maps that have "don't click will crash" in the name will crash the applicationDownload
- 3D terrain preview (just terrain for now) - M2s and WMOs now open in 3D preview when selecting them in the list - More alpha texture support for M2s - New Cinema4D plugin by Remo Pini (Thanks! :D) - Map tab/exporting improvements - Add 16K terrain texture export (split files) - Allow user to pick between 4K, 8K and 16K terrain texture quality - Now able to export multiple tiles at once (multi-select in tile list) - Remove expansion icons in filters, use text instead - Remove bake texture button - Rename "Tile viewer" button to "View map" - Rename "Preview ADT" button to "View tile in 3D" - Fix crashes when loading some 7.3 M2's - glTF export support for WMOs/ADTs (experimental, set exportFormat from OBJ to glTF in config) - New experimental export format! More information about glTF available here, online viewer available here - Importers/exporters being worked on for several applications by a bunch of cool people - Handle errors during startup better - More logging to better debug issues - (0.2.8.1) Update CASCLib (Fixes crash on startup when loading from online) - (0.2.8.1) Fix issue where terrain preview would crash if certain textures aren't available - (0.2.8.1) Allow previewing more than one tile at the same time - (0.2.8.2) Fix crash on startup when loading 7.3.5 PTRKnown issues:
- 7.3.5 PTR is not completely supported yet due to format changes - Map tile viewer cuts off - Resizing the window might sometimes cause issues with the UI - Clicking "Bake texture" or exporting ADTs will cause the application to freeze while baking the texture - Probably more due to heavy code restructuring. Please report any issues on GitHub or mail me at [email protected]Download
- High-res ADT terrain texture export (8192x8192) - Initial 7.3 support - Map/ADT viewer preparations, disabled for now - Add checkbox to enable/disable exporting WMOs/M2s with ADTs - More alpha texture support for WMO and M2 previews - Fix issue where using the arrow keys would make the viewer lose focus - A lot of (very therapeutic) cleaning/restructuring of old codeKnown issues:
- Map tile viewer cuts off - Resizing the window might sometimes cause issues with the UI - Clicking "Bake texture" or exporting ADTs will cause the application to freeze while baking the texture - Probably more due to heavy code restructuring. Please report any issues on GitHub or mail me at [email protected]Download
- Fix M2/WMO previews sometimes messing up - Update CASCLib to deal with changes on Blizzard's end causing startup crash (#45)Known issues:
- Map tile viewer cuts off - Resizing the window might sometimes cause issues with the UIDownload
- (Blender only, requires included plugin) ADTs now export with WMOs and doodads at correct positions - (Blender only, requires included plugin) WMOs now export with doodads - Added M2 collision model exporting by @dkrutsko - Added maptile hole support exporting by @dkrutsko - Partial UI rework - Previews are no longer in a separate window, currently need you to maximize the application make it show up - Map tile viewer - Rewrite previews to use shaders, making future improvements easier - Camera uses A/D for rotation, W/S for moving closer/further away and up/down arrows for moving the model up/down - Update OpenTK to most recent preview version - Update OpenTK.GLControl to most recent preview versionKnown issues:
- Map tile viewer cuts off - Model previews (especially for WMOs) have issues - Resizing the window might sometimes cause issues with the UIDownload
- M2 previews are back - Add version to window title - Show current settings in preferences window - Fix character M2 exports crashing - Made background for texture exports black with a white border around the texture - (0.2.4.1) Prefix exported M2 textures with tex_ to stop Maya from complainingDownload
- 7.2 support - Add filters and more information to maps UI - Add community maintained map list for friendlier names (source) - Fix application locking up when exporting map tiles - Fix some UI issues from previous releaseDownload
- Highly experimental release, use older version if there are issues - Massive UI rework - Texture previews - (Blender only, requires included plugin) Maptile exporting (7.2 and higher NOT YET supported) - New UI with minimap previews - Exports all WMOs and M2s in tile incl. textures - Exports model placement information to csv file - High-res terrain textures not yet supported - Shows progress bar during exporting (0.2.2) - Fix several WMO preview issues - Update DBC reading library - Added listfile downloader/updater (listfile no longer ships with binaries) (0.2.1) - Added setting changing (0.2.1) - Added version window (0.2.1)Download
- Update listfile for 7.1 PTR - Maptile crawling (WIP)Download
- Fix ADTs not exporting (0.1.9b) - Force decimal separation by dot instead of comma (0.1.9a) - Improve performance of M2 listfile loading - Turned on M2 filter by default - Better support for new file references in Legion - Experimental support for more creature textures (M2), if unstable go to previous buildDownload
- 3D WMO preview - Improve initial setup processDownload
- Update CASCLib - Update built-in listfile (you can manually update from here) - Disable M2 checkbox for faster startup seeing they're pretty broken anyways - Fix ADT vertices being flipped - Filter out new LOD WMOs - Support some Legion changes - Fix exporter crashing when not materials are detected (0.1.7a)Download
- Fix M2s being mirrored - Update CASCLibDownload
- Added outdir to configuration window - Speed up listfile loading for WoW: Legion build 20810 and up - Fixed some materials not being output correctly during M2 export - Might have fixed ADT normals (needs testing) (edit: did not fix)Download
- Added complete listfile support for WoW: Legion build 20810 and up - Fixed M2s crashing due to format change in 20810Download
- Fixed crash on ADTs with single digit x or y in name - Fixed materials not exporting on ADTs with spaces in map name - You can now select multiple things, they'll extract one by one. Faster in the future.Download
- Add configuration window for content - Lower ADT distance so it only exports the selected ADT - Use correct build per branch (so no Legion stuff on wow & wowt anymore) - Update CASCLibDownload
- Fixed WMOs not appearing in file list after initial loadDownload
- First public release - Basic WMO support (very rudimentary material exporting) - Basic ADT support (only some Legion maps) - M2 support (only extracts vertices and sometimes textures when it feels like it)Download
The application will show the settings window the first time you start it. Afterwards it is always available through the menu.